Sunday, January 3, 2010


So now for the healing.


One of the things that I have decided is that I would like to do some charity work. I am trying to join the VFW and do work for the troops but they are giving me a really hard time. So in the meantime, I have decided to do some charity knitting. The month of December was devoted to making helmit liners for our troops. The project is a bit difficult but definitely worth it.


If anyone is interested in knitting the helmet liners, this project was througj Citizien Support for America's Military, also known as Citizen SAM. It is a nationwaide program based on volunteers who organize donations and support for soldiers. If you go to their website, you can download the pattern. Be warned that the colors are very specific they must be either charcoal, black, brown, tan or olive drab. The wool must be Peruvian Highland wool or a worsted weight superwash wool and you must attach the wool label to the helmit when mailing it out.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you worded the opening of this post, "So now for the healing." I love that you are doing this and seeing your photo here means I am in definite need of assistance with mine! I know for a fact that any woman, regardless of ties to a Veteran, can join the American Legion Ladies Auxiliary and Hubby is pretty sure it is the same for the VFW Ladies Auxiliary, but here is the link to the National Site where I'm sure you can find out that info and perhaps it will help you locally at the Post you're trying to join: http://www.ladiesauxvfw.org/. Here's the link for the American Legion Ladies Auxiliary too, http://www.legion-aux.org/. (Both organizations are equally important for the Vets and doing service for them and the local communities). I belong to the Ladies Auxiliary of Hubby's American Legion Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hi...and send my love and well wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete