Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beware the Ides of March

Well, many years ago on the Ides of March, I got divorced. How different my life has been since that day. I often wonder what my life would have been like had I stayed. I can't decide what was worse -- the divorce or the marriage. I often find myself reflecting on this day. I can't say that the marriage was totally horrible as I had three beautiful children from it.

Exciting things are happening in my life now. I live in a beautiful house that was built in 1880, on two acres of land and has a huge barn. I am almost famous because this barn is the birthplace of Burton Snowboards. The barn has a huge main part of two floors and an added part that I believe was put on as an after thought. We are in the process of converting this part into a studio for me. I will be able to sit in there and read, draw and write. This is very exciting for me. The first thing we did was put in a huge picture window so I can look out and get inspired. I am a huge window person. The window overlooks some of my flower gardens which will be ideal for me. We are now reroofing because there were too many leaks which eventually rotted out part of the floor and wall. So sheetrocking the entire place is another part of the project. When I get the hang of this blog, I will figure out how to add pictures of the project to show the step by step progress.

2 comments:

  1. wow that sounds amazing. I can't wait to see pictures. And welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see pictures!! Your house sounds gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete