Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 14, 2009

Well, this is my first attempt at a blog. I am not really sure what I am doing yet, but I am going to give it a try. My friends keep telling me that I should do this, so here goes.

I live in Vermont and am anxiously awaiting the end of the winter. If you don't know me well, you would not know that winter is my least favorite season (next to fall). I love the spring and summer; the spring because everything is growing and life is beginning, the summer because I don't have to work and time is all mine. My friend Holli is visiting California right now and is camping in the desert. She has been sending me pictures via her mobile. I would send her some back but I think she would rather not be reminded of the snow as I believe she hates the winter as much as I do.

Another friend, Teri, has suggested that I start a blog so I can post some of my art work, which at this point in time is mainly cards. I think I am going to try and give it a go. I have never posted any artwork before, so this is a huge step for me.

I have become very involved with a website called Goodreads, and especially a group called Chicks on Lit. I am lucky to have made quite a few friends from the website, Holli and Teri who are from that site. This site is changing a part of my life, which is a really great thing and I am very grateful.

It is Saturday, and I love the weekends. Today has been very busy as I went to BJ's, a place that I really love, and spent too much time and money there. It was well worth it. I am now getting ready to go to a St. Patrick's Day party. Should be fun if it isn't too crowded. I tend to shy away from crowds as I am a bit claustrophobic.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Meg!! Keep at it...its great. I'm very glad to have become friends with you too and really hope to one day meet you and Teri both in person (at the same time even, why not right?) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your blog too Meg! Kudo's to you for beginning to share your work!

    ReplyDelete