Sunday, March 22, 2009

So now my friend Teri walked me through the ability of adding a picture to my profile. I am really glad that she helped me because I didn't want to have that ghost profile picture that is standard when you don't post.

A little more about me. The profile picture is me and my mother. My mother is 85 years old (she would kill me if she knew I was posting her age), doesn't she look great? She still jogs and walks up flights of stairs for exercise.

My mother and I have not gotten along for a very long period of my life. Growing up was very difficult especially being an only child. I would say about 8 years ago we decided to work on our relationship, via an old boyfriend who made it his mission. I am glad that he forced the situation, it was the best thing that he could have done for me. The picture that you see is the first, and only, mother/daughter vacation that we took to Cancun for one week. Now we talk at least once a week, I can confide in her and I am happy when I am with her. We have come a long way. She is even coming to stay with me for a week to help me recover from surgery in April.

In my journey, I am constantly working on mending relationships and working towards better relationships in my life. I have spent many years on the hermit side because it is comfortable. It is real work to not be that way. Don't get me wrong, I love being with people, especially with friends and family, but at times I have to work at it.

My next project is to figure out how to get pictures on to the blogs that I am writing. I am hoping to hook up with Teri again so she can show me how to do it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you and your mom have a good relationship now...that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you and your mom are mending and building a new relationship. So important to have. So glad to see your drawings and pictures posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful post! I relate so well to the mother/daughter relationship aspect, I hope one day my mother and I can take a photo together and smile as you and your mother do in your profile pic! I also relate to being a hermit type and while loving to socialize, it takes work at times. Kudo's to you on joining us in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete